Cell physiology sourcebook [electronic resource] : essentials of membrane biophysics / edited by Nicholas Sperelakis
- Oxford : Academic, 2012.
- 4th ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxvi, 970 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Sperelakis, Nick, 1930-
- Dedication In Memoriam Preface Section I: Biophysical Chemistry, Metabolism, Second Messengers, and Ultrastructure Section II: Membrane Potential, Transport Physiology, Pumps, and Exchangers Section III: Membrane Excitability and Ion Channels Section VI: Muscle and Other Contractile Systems Section VII: Protozoa and Bacteria Section VIII: Specialized Processes, Photosynthesis, and Bioluminescence Appendix.
- This authoritative book gathers together a broad range of ideas and topics that define the field. It provides clear, concise, and comprehensive coverage of all aspects of cellular physiology from fundamental concepts to more advanced topics. The Fourth Edition contains substantial new material. Most chapters have been thoroughly reworked. The book includes chapters on important topics such as sensory transduction, the physiology of protozoa and bacteria, and synaptic transmission. Authored by leading researchers in the field Clear, concise, and comprehensive coverage of all aspects of cellular physiology, from fundamental concepts to more advanced topics Full color illustrations.
- 9780123877383 (electronic bk.) and 0123877385 (electronic bk.)
- Previous ed. subtitled: A molecular approach., Previous ed.: 2001., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9181319