Encyclopedia of global industries [electronic resource].
- Detroit, Mich. : Gale, 2011.
- 5th ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11, 1,355 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Gale Research Inc
- Agriculture -- Chemicals -- Computer hardware and services -- Construction materials and services -- Electrical and electronic equipment -- Entertainment and recreation -- Finance, insurance, and real estate -- Foods, beverages, and tobacco -- Furniture -- Glass, plastics, and rubber products -- Industrial machinery and equipment -- Information media and telecommunications -- Medical equipment and services -- Metals manufacturing -- Mining -- Paper and allied products -- Petroleum products -- Professional services -- Retail and wholesale trade -- Textiles, apparel, and leather -- Transportation and defense equipment -- Transportation services -- Utilities and public services.
- Chronicles the history, development and current status of the world's most lucrative and high profile industries. Each entry covers size and economic/social impact of the industry; its organization and structure; its history and development; major countries and companies involved (including rankings); size and nature of the work force; and research.
- 9781414486901 (electronic book)
1414486901 (electronic book)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 9181720