Black power beyond borders : the global dimensions of the Black power movement / Edited by Nico Slate
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 214 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Slate, Nico
- Contemporary Black history
- Introduction : the borders of Black power / Nico Slate -- Rethinking radicalism : African Americans and the liberation struggles in Somalia, Libya, and Eritrea, 1945-1949 / Carol Anderson -- The activism of George McCray : confluence and conflict of pan-Africanism and transnational labor solidarity / Yevette Richards -- When the panther travels : race and the southern diaspora in the history of the BPP, 1964-1972 / Donna Murch -- The Black Panthers of Israel and the politics of the radical analogy / Oz Frankel -- The Polynesian panthers and the Black power : surviving racism and colonialism in Aotearoa New Zealand / Robbie Shilliam -- The Dalit Panthers : race, caste, and Black power in India / Nico Slate -- "They've lynched our savior, Lumumba in the old fashion southern style" : the conscious internationalism of American Black nationalism / Yohuru Williams -- From Black power to a revolution of values : Grace Lee Boggs and the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. / Scott Kurashige -- Music is a world : Stevie Wonder and the sound of Black power / Kevin Gaines.
- 9781137285058 (alk. paper), 1137285052 (alk. paper), 9781137285065 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1137285060 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9181889