Transition to Christianity : art of Late Antiquity, 3rd-7th century AD / edited by Anastasia Lazaridou
- [New York, N.Y.] : Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation ; [Athens] : Byzantine & Christian Museum, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 191 pages : color illustrations ; 31 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lazaridou, Anastasia Danaē, Alexander S. Onassis Center for Hellenic Studies, and Vyzantino Mouseio (Athens, Greece)
- Machine generated contents note: Late Antiquity: A Period of Cultural Interaction / Jas Elsner -- The Rise of Christianity: From Recognition to Authority / Averil Cameron -- Urban Setting / Helen Saradi-Mendelovici -- The Transition from Paganism to Christianity: The Numismatic Evidence / Ioannis P. Touratsoglou -- Personal Adornment: Glory, Vainglory, and Insecurity / Henry Maguire -- Death and Rebirth / Aristotelis Mentzos -- Christian Worship / Kimberly Bowes -- The Emergence of Christian Art: Old Themes and New Meanings / Fabrizio Bisconti -- Portraits and Icons in Late Antiquity / Katherine Marsengill -- Aesthetic Shifts in Late Antique Art: Abstraction, Dematerialization, and Two-Dimensionality / Slobodan Curcic.
- 9780981966625 and 0981966624
- Published in conjunction with an exhibition held at the Onassis Cultural Center, New York City, Dec. 7, 2011-May 14, 2012.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 175-190).
View MARC record | catkey: 9182333