Management of conflict of interest in selected EU agencies : pursuant to Article 287(4), second subparagraph, TFEU / European Court of Auditors
- Additional Titles:
- Management of conflict of interest in selected European Union agencies
- Luxembourg : Publications Office of the European Union, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 99 pages : color illustrations ; 30 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- European Court of Auditors
- "Conflict of interest situations can occur almost in any work¬%x;place at any time. If they are not handled correctly they can negatively affect the decision-making process, give rise to scan¬%x;dals and cause reputational damage. The court evaluated policies and procedures for the manage-ment of conflict of interest situations for four selected agen¬%x;cies making vital decisions affecting the safety and health of consumers, namely the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), European Food Safety Agency (EFSA) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA). The court found that none of the selected agencies adequately managed the conflict of interest situations. A number of short¬%x;comings of varying degrees have been identified in agency-spe¬%x;cific policies and procedures as well as their implementation." -- P.  of cover.
- 9789292378769 (pbk.)
- "QJ-AB-12-014-EN-C"--P.  of cover.
"For the purpose of the Court's audit, the definition provided in the OECD Guidelines 'Manag¬%x;ing Conflict of Interest in the Public Service' is used: '...there are situations in which the private interests and affiliations of a public official create, or have the potential to create, conflict with the proper performance of his/her official duties.'" -- P. 7.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available on the Internet.
View MARC record | catkey: 9182471