Re-reading Gregory of Nazianzus : essays on history, theology, and culture / edited by Christopher A. Beeley
- Additional Titles:
- Rereading Gregory of Nazianzus
- Washington, D.C. : Catholic University of America Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 319 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Beeley, Christopher A.
- Gregory of Nazianzus: past, present, and future / Christopher A. Beeley -- Part 1. Theology -- Systematic theology in Homeric dress: Poemata arcana / Brian E. Daley -- Illuminated from all sides by the trinity: neglected themes in Gregory Nazianzen's trinitarian theology / Verna E. F. Harrison -- Gregory of Nazianzus and biblical interpretation / Ben Fulford -- Deciphering a recipe for biblical preaching in Oration 14 / Brian J. Matz -- Gregory's baptismal theology and the Alexandrian tradition / Everett Ferguson -- Gregory of Nazianzus, Montanism, and the holy spirit / William Tabbernee -- Gregory Nazianzen and philosophy, with remarks on Gregory's cynicism / Claudio Moreschini -- Part 2. History and autobiography -- Historiography as devotion: Poemata de seipso / Suzanne Abrams Rebillard -- The stoning of Christ and Gregory of Nazianzus / Andrew Hofer -- Bishops behaving badly: Helladius challenges Gregory of Nazianzus and Gregory of Nyssa / Vasiliki Limberis -- The tax man and the theologian: Gregory, Hellenius, and the monks of Nazianzus / Neil McLynn -- Part 3. Legacy -- On the "play" of divine providence in Gregory Nazianzen and Maximus the Confessor / Paul M Blowers -- Gregory the theologian, Constantine the philosopher, and Byzantine missions to the Slavs / Andrea Sterk -- Emperors and priests: Gregory's Theodosius and the Macedonians / Susanna Elm -- St. Gregory the theologian and Byzantine theology / Andrew Louth -- Part 4. Epilogue -- St. Gregory the comic / John A. McGuckin.
- 9780813219912 (alk. paper)
0813219914 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 285-307) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 9183091