Concertino in C minor [electronic resource] ; Duo concertante on themes from Bellini's I puritani / Bottesini
- Bottesini, Giovanni, 1821-1889
- Uniform Title:
- Instrumental music. Selections
- [Hong Kong] : Naxos, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Martin, Thomas, 1940-, Welsh, Moray, Petracchi, Francesco, Gibson, Matthew, Bottesini, Giovanni, 1821-1889, and London Symphony Orchestra
- Ero e Leandro : opera prelude (4:47) -- Concertino in C minor : original version for double bass and strings (16:35) -- Il diavolo della notte : opera sinfonia (4:38) -- Passioni amorose: for two double basses and orchestra (11:15) -- Elegie in D (5:28) -- Ali Baba : opera overture (5:28) -- Duo concertante on themes from Bellini's "I puritani": for cello, double bass and orchestra (13:31).
- ["00:04:47", "00:16:35", "00:04:38", "00:11:15", "00:05:28", "00:13:31"]
- The 2nd work for double bass with orchestra ; the 4th work for 2 double basses with orchestra ; the 5th work for double bass with string orchestra ; acc. of the 4th-5th works originally for piano.
Originally issued in 1994 as ASV: CD DCA 907.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Thomas Martin, Franco Petracchi (4th work), double bass ; Moray Welsh, violoncello (in the 7th work) ; London Symphony Orchestra ; Matthew Gibson (4th work), Franco Petracchi (remainder), conductors.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded aJan. 4-7, 1994, Abbey Road Studios, London.
View MARC record | catkey: 9183701