- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 163 pages : illustrations, charts ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board
- Analysis of causes of major train derailment and their effect on accident rates -- Assessment of advanced dispatching measures for recovering disrupted railway traffic situations -- Asset condition assessment at regional transportation authority in Chicago, Illinois -- Comparison of magnitude of actions on track in high-speed and heavy-haul railroads -- Decision support system to optimize railway stopping patterns -- development and assessment of taxonomy for performance-shaping factors for railway operations -- Development of base train equivalents to standardize trains for capacity analysis -- Development of the next generation of intercity corridor bi-level equipment with crash energy management -- and Dual-mode and new diesel locomotive developments -- Ground-penetrating radar data to develop wavelet technique for quantifying railroad ballast-fouling conditions -- High-speed rail versus air transportation -- High-speed route improvement optimizer -- Methodological framework for analyzing ability of freight rail customers to forecast short-term volumes accurately -- Movement of water through ballast and subballast for dual-line railway track -- Portable emission measurement system for emissions of passenger rail locomotives -- Risk assessment of positive train control by using simulation of rare events -- Slab track mass-spring system -- Source of ballast fouling and influence considerations for condition assessment criteria -- Stochastic Rail Wear Model for Railroad Tracks -- Value for railway capacity.
- " TRB's Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2289 consists of 20 papers that explore recovering from disrupted railway traffic situations, high-speed rail versus air transportation, high-speed route improvement optimizer, optimizing railway stopping patterns, risk assessment of positive train control, dual-mode and new diesel locomotive developments, the next generation of intercity corridor bi-level equipment, portable emission measurement systems, and slab track mass-spring systems.This issue of the TRR also examines resilient fastenings, movement of water through ballast and subballast, sources of ballast fouling, quantifying railroad ballast-fouling conditions, stochastic rail wear model, asset condition assessment, development of base train equivalents, forecasting short-term volumes, value for railway capacity, performance-shaping factors for railway operations, and analysis of major train derailment causes. " -- pub. desc.
- "Journal of the Transportation Research Board."
"A peer-reviewed publication."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
View MARC record | catkey: 9184729