Infectious disease in aquaculture : prevention and control / edited by Brian Austin
- Oxford ; Philadelphia : Woodhead Pub., 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 530 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Austin, B. (Brian), 1951-
- Woodhead Publishing series in food science, technology and nutrition ; number 231
- Part 1. IMMUNE RESPONSES IN FISH AND SHELLFISH AND THEIR IMPLICATIONS FOR DISEASE CONTROL. The innate and adaptive immune system of fish -- Crustacean immune responses and their implications for disease control -- Immune responses in molluscs and their implications for disease control -- Stress and resistance to infectious diseases in fish --, Part 2. ADVANCES IN DISEASE DIAGNOSTICS, VETERINARY DRUGS AND VACCINES. Advances in diagnostic methods for mollusc, crustacean and finfish diseases -- Quality assurance in aquaculture disease diagnostics -- Antibiotics in aquaculture: reducing their use and maintaining their efficacy -- Considerations for the use of anti-parasitic drugs in aquaculture -- Developments in vaccination against fish bacterial diseases -- Developments in adjuvants for fish vaccines --, and Part 3. DEVELOPMENT OF SPECIFIC PATHOGEN FREE POPULATIONS AND NOVEL APPROACHES FOR DISEASE CONTROL. Development of specific pathogen free (SPF) shrimp stocks and their application to sustainable shrimp farming -- The role of risk analysis in the development of biosecurity programmes for the maintenance of specific pathogen free populations -- Developments in genomics relevant to disease control in aquaculture -- Bacteria and bacteriophages as biological agents for disease control in aquaculture -- Managing the microbiota in aquaculture systems for disease prevention and control -- Natural antimicrobial compounds for use in aquaculture -- The potential for antimicrobial peptides to improve fish health in aquaculture -- Advances in non-chemical methods for parasite prevention and control in fish.
- 9780857090164 (hbk.), 085709016X (hbk.), 9780857095862 (online), and 0857095862 (online)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9184915