Newsmap. Monday, May 31, 1943 : week of May 20 to May 27, 194th week of the war, 76th week of U.S. participation [cartographic material]. / prepared and distributed by Army Orientation Course, Special Service Division, Army Service Forces, War Dept
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Army Service Forces. Army Orientation Course
- Additional Titles:
- Monday, May 31, 1943 : week of May 20 to May 27, 194th week of the war
- Washington, D.C. : Army Orientation Course, 
Washington, D.C. : Army Air Forces distribution by Publications Division, Air Adjutant General, H.Q., A.A.F.
Washington, D.C. : Navy distribution by Educational Services Section, BuPers, Navy Dept.
[Washington, D.C.] : U.S. G.P.O., 1943.
- Physical Description:
- 3 maps and 1 view on 1 sheet : color ; sheet 90 x 120 cm
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Army Air Forces. Publications Division and United States. Bureau of Naval Personnel. Educational Services Section
- [Aerial distances from Allied territories into Axis-held territories from the Soviet Union, Great Britain, Northern Africa, and Malta] -- Aerial view of Holtz Bay on Attu Island -- Attu and Aleutian Islands -- Attu Island, Northeast coast.
- Report Numbers:
- W 109.107:2/6
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale approximately 1:8,000,000 (W 24°37ʹ--E 43°58ʹ/N 71°19ʹ--N 29°51ʹ).
Scale approximately 1:1,760,000 (E 172°00ʹ--E 179°27ʹ/N 53°03ʹ--N 51°18ʹ).
Scale approximately 1:75,000 (E 173°00ʹ05ʺ--E 173°25ʹ49ʺ/N 53°00ʹ36ʺ--N 52°44ʹ43ʺ).
- Relief shown by shading and hachures.
Volume II, no. 6.
War fronts: Aleutians, Western Europe, Mediterranean, Russia, Southwest Pacific.
Five sequential photographs of a Grumann "Wildcat" fighter plane taken from the escort carrier, U.S.S. Altamaha that after an incorrect landing, crashes into the ocean; drawing of American infantry passing a dead Japanese gun crew advancing to the next position which is marked by shell burst breaking through the fog.
On verso [text and ill.]: "You can crack that tank!" Illustrations of tanks and soldiers in foxholes and four suggestions on how an infantryman can defend against an enemy tank.
"Prepared from public sources of information."
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
- Action Note:
- Housed; Encapsulation; PSU Libraries copy 000074622856
View MARC record | catkey: 9185190