Engaging men in the fight against gender violence : case studies from Africa / by Jane Freedman
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 194 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Freedman, Jane
- Masculinities, gender and violence : a framework for analysis / Jane Freedman and Sarah Jacobson -- What do men think? : the role of cultural (mis)conceptions in perpetuating male violence against women in neo-colonial Africa / Christopher Isike -- Militarized masculinities and the political economy of wartime sexual violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo / Sara Meger -- "You must sit on the old mat to ply the new one" : rethinking threatened masculinities and post-conflict gender violence in Liberia / Kerrie Thornhill -- Listening to perpetrators : connecting wartime violence with post-conflict interventions / Zoe Marks -- Masculinity and gender-based violence in Rwanda : the potential contribution of community-based strategies to make a change / Henny Slegh and Annemiek Richters -- About the notion of hope : Simelela : a model of a South African rape crisis center / Sabine C. Hirschauer -- Conclusions : the way forward in engaging men and boys in prevention of violence / Jane Freedman.
- 9781137014733 (alk. paper)
1137014733 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9187132