80 trombones and 30 basses. [sound recording].
- New York : Composers Recordings, p1980.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Samuel, Gerhard
Brant, Henry, 1913-
International Society of Bassists. International Summer School for Double Bass
- American contemporary
- Orbits / Henry Brant -- What of my music / Gerhard Samuel.
- The 1st work: "A spatial symphonic ritual for 80 trombones, organ, and sopranino voice".
The 2nd work: Based on a poem of Emily Dickinson.
Editions recorded: C. Fischer (Brant); Belwin Mills (Samuel).
Program notes, in part by Samuel, biographical notes, and texts of the Samuel work on container.
Durations: 20 min., 45 sec. ; 15 min.
Title from container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Amy Synder, sopranino, Henry D. Brant, organ, and Bay Bones Trombone Choir with assisting artists (in the 1st work) ; Nelga Lynn, soprano, 36 double basses from the International Summer School for Double Bass of the International Society of Bassists, Allen Otte, James Culley, and Michael Hakes, percussion (in the 2nd work) ; Gerhard Samuel, conductor.
View MARC record | catkey: 922036