- Uniform Title:
- Communities (Louisa, Va.)
- Additional Titles:
- Communities : journal of cooperative living
Best of Communities
- <1972-> : Louisa, Va. : Community Publications Cooperative
<2013-> : Rutledge, MO : Fellowship for International Community at RR
- Physical Description:
- volumes : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Community Publications Cooperative
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began with no. 1 in Dec. 1972.
- Related Titles:
- Directory of intentional communities
- Publication Frequency:
- Quarterly, winter 1983/1984-
Bimonthly, <July/Aug. 1974>-Oct./Nov. 1979.
5 no. a year, Dec. 1979/Jan. 1980-Oct./Nov. 1983.
- Arthur O. Lewis Utopia Collection.
Gertrude Huntington Anabaptist Library Collection.
- Some issues have subtitle: journal of cooperative living.
Issue no. 56, Dec. 1982/Jan. 1983, the 10th anniversary issue, consists of the 12 best reprints of last 10 years and has cover title: The best of Communities.
Description based on: No. 9 (July-Aug. 1974); title from cover.
- Special Numbering:
- Some no. issued in combined form.
Publication suspended 1988-1989.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copies of nos.1-115: Purchased with funds from the J. Harvey Fahnestock Endowment for Scientific, Engineering and Rare Books; 20023.
Rare Books copy of issues no. 117 (2003)-no. 151 (2011): Gift of Lyman Tower Sargent; 2010.
Rare Books copy, no.162-164: Gift of Lyman Tower Sargent, 2014.
Rare Books copy, no.165-166: Lyman Tower Sargent, 2015.
Rare Books copy of no. 169-174: Gift of Lyman Tower Sargent; 2017.
Rare Books copy, no.178-182: Gift of Lyman Tower Sargent.
- Complexity Note:
- No. 30 published jointly with: Green revolution; and no. 77/78 as: Directory of intentional communities.
Formed by the union of: Communitarian, Communitas, Alternatives (San Francisco, Calif.), and several other community-oriented publications.
View MARC record | catkey: 926446