AD/HD and the college student : the everything guide to your most urgent questions / by Patricia O. Quinn
- First things first -- Understanding how Ad/HD affects your life in college -- Designing a program for success -- Developing necessary skills for succeeding in college -- Seeking emotional support -- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle -- Understanding your medication -- Accessing specialized services -- Obtaining academic accomodations -- Hiring an AD/HD coach -- Adding structure and achieving balance -- Understanding how AD/HD affects your relationships and responsibilities -- Deciding whether to stay in or drop out -- Other important issues.
- "A resource for college students with ADD or ADHD; including advice on how to design a successful academic program and achieve life-school balance while managing AD/HD symptoms. Also included is information on academic accommodations, specialized services, AD/HD coaching, medication, relationships, and healthy living"--
- Attention-deficit-disordered youth—Education (Higher)—United States
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder—United States
- Learning disabled—Education (Higher)—United States
- Attention-deficit-disordered youth—Education (Higher)
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Learning disabled—Education (Higher)
- United States
- 9781433811319 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1433811316 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "American Psychological Association."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9357516