- Religion and the social order, 1061-5210 ; v. 22
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Italian Catholicism and the Differentiation of Rituals: A Comparison of the Neocatechumenal Way and Renewal in the Spirit / Emanuela Contiero -- 2.Religion, Spirituality and Everyday Life in Sweden / Liselotte Frisk -- 3.Incarnating Encounters: Reflections on Spirituality, Art and Interreligious Dialogue / Ruth Illman -- 4.Renewing Confucianism as a Living Tradition in 21st Century China: Reciting Classics, Reviving Academies and Restoring Rituals / Yong Chen -- 5.Mysticism, Charisma and Religious Leadership / Anat Feldman -- 6.Christian Prayer for Human Rights and Peace: A Spiritual or Civic Commitment? / Sophie-Helene Trigeaud -- 7.Young People's Prayers: Between Religion and Spirituality in the Veneto / Emanuela Contiero -- 8.The Beginning of Life: A Social Constructionist Approach / Anthony J. Blasi -- 9.Asceticism and the Place of the Body in Modern Monastic Prayer / Isabelle Jonveaux -- 10.Devotees, A New Ordeal and A Sense of Belonging: Ethnography and Nethnography of Saint Agatha / Elisabetta Di Giovanni -- 11.Sufi Spirituality and the Code of Islam in Everyday Practice: Findings from a Qualitative Study of a Sufi Group in Milan / Fatma Sundal.
- This volume offers eleven case studies of contemporary movements from around the world where religious, secular and spiritual dynamics interplay in the postmodern condition of the 21st century, as traditional and contemporary sources are combined in new and dynamic ways.
- 9789004230231 (electronic book)
9789004230231 (electronic bk.)
9004230238 (electronic bk.)
- Description based upon print version of record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 9359038