Transmigrational writings between the Maghreb and Sub-Saharan Africa : literature, orality, visual arts / Hélène Colette Tissières ; translated by Marjolijn de Jager
- Tissières, Hélène
- Uniform Title:
- Écritures en transhumance entre Maghreb et Afrique subsaharienne. English
- Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 238 pages, 16 pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm
Full Text available online
- Pt. 1. Circulatory movement and flow -- Circulatory flow between the Maghreb and Sub-Saharan Africa: geographic, historical, and artistic links -- On-screen and off-screen connections: the spoken and its flaws -- Verbal flow between orality and writing: widening the spectrum -- Aesthetic flow between visual and written art: multiplying the sites -- Pt. 2. Voyages and voices of the unspoken -- Abdelwahab Meddeb: phantasia, or the crossing of references, discord, and the heterogeneous -- Werewere liking: it shall be of jasper and coral, song-novel, and Orphee-dafric, ritual-novel -- interconnecting art forms -- Tchicaya U Tam'Si: the madman and the medusa -- games of inscription and erasure -- Assia Djebar: women of Algiers in their apartment and fantasia: an Algerian cavalcade -- palimpsest memory -- Conclusion.
- 9780813932095 (cloth : alk. paper)
0813932092 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780813932101 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0813932106 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "Originally published in French as Écritures en transhumance entre Maghreb et Afrique subsaharienne: Littérature, oralité, arts visuels, 2007 Éditions l'Harmattan"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9359362