Recover to live : kick any habit, manage any addiction : your self-treatment guide to alcohol, drugs, eating disorders, gambling, hoarding, smoking, sex and porn / Christopher Kennedy Lawford
- Lawford, Christopher Kennedy, 1955-2018
- Dallas, Tex. : BenBella Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xlv, 384 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction. Are we a culture of addicts? -- pt. 1. Is your unhealthy habit really dependence?. Toxic compulsion 1 : alcohol abuse ; Toxic compulsion 2 : drug abuse ; Toxic compulsion 3 : eating disorders ; Toxic compulsion 4 : gambling dependence ; Toxic compulsion 5 : hoarding ; Toxic compulsion 6 : sex and pornography ; Toxic compulsion 7 : nicotine dependence (smoking) -- pt. 2. Which treatment tools work best for you?. I love an addict, how can I help myself? ; Dependency starts ... and ends ... in your brain ; Seven self-care tools with proven benefits ; A guide to working 12-set programs ; Having a life worth living ... the art of recovery.
- "More than 100 of the world's top experts interviewed by [Christopher Kennedy] Lawford share their research and wisdom on how to determine if your bad habit is becoming a dependency through self-assessments and symptom lists and how to determine which treatments will work best for you"--Flap p. 1 of dust jacket.
- 9781936661961 (hc) and 1936661969 (hc)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9359773