Bourdieu and historical analysis / Philip S. Gorski, ed.
- Durham, NC : Duke University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 422 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Gorski, Philip S.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Politics, history, and culture
- Meta-principles for sociological research in a Bourdieusian perspective / David Swartz -- For the social history of the present : Bourdieu as historical sociologist / Craig Calhoun -- Comparative and transnational history and the sociology of Pierre Bourdieu : theory and practice / Christophe Charle -- Rational choice may take over / Ivan Ermakoff -- Return of the repressed : the "Traumatic kernel" of psychoanalysis in Bourdieusian theory / George Steinmetz -- Bourdieu and Dewey on democracy / Mustafa Emirbayer and Erik Schneiderhan -- Spaces between fields / Gil Eyal -- The formation of intellectual fields : American social science, c.1880-1910 / Charles Camic -- T.H. Marshall meets Pierre Bourdieu : citizens and paupers in the development of the U.S. welfare state / Chad Goldberg -- Nation-ization struggles : a Bourdieuian theory of nationalism / Philip Gorski -- Structural history and crisis analysis : the literary field in France during WWII / Gisèle Sapiro -- The transmission of masculinities : the case of early modern France / Robert Nye -- The making of a field with weak autonomy : the case of the sporting field in France, 1895-1955 / Jacques Defrance.
- 9780822352556 (cloth : alk. paper)
0822352559 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780822352730 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0822352737 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ED: YALE UNIVERSITY. UNDATED CONFERENCE PAPERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -408) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9360600