Deus in machina : religion, technology, and the things in between / edited by Jeremy Stolow
- New York : Fordham University Press, 2013.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 354 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Stolow, Jeremy, 1965-
- Religion, technology, and the things in between / Jeremy Stolow -- Calendar, clock, tower / John Durham Peters -- Ticking clock, vibrating string : how time sense oscillates between religion and machine / Wolfgang Ernst -- The electric touch machine miracle scam : body, technology, and the (dis)authentication of the pentecostal supernatural / Marleen de Witte -- The spiritual nervous system : reflections on a magnetic cord designed for spirit communication / Jeremy Stolow -- An empowered world : Buddhist medicine and the potency of prayer in Japan / Jason Ananda Josephson -- Does submission to God's will preclude biotechnological intervention? Lessons from Muslim dialysis patients in contemporary Egypt / Sherine F. Hamdy -- The canary in the Gemeinschaft? disability, film, and the Jewish question / Faye Ginsburg -- Thinking about Melville, religion, and machines that think / John Lardas Modern -- Amazing stories : how science fiction sacralizes the secular / Peter Pels -- Virtual vodou, actual practice : transfiguring the technological / Alexandra Boutros -- TV St. Claire / Maria José A. de Abreu.
- 9780823249800 (cloth : alk. paper)
0823249808 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780823249817 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0823249816 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 9361542