Pink Ribbons, Inc. [videorecording] / the National Film Board of Canada presents ; directed by Léa Pool ; produced by Ravida Din ; written by Patricia Kearns & Nancy Guerin and Léa Pool
- [New York] : First Run Features, 
- [Widescreen ed.].
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (98 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Pool, Léa, 1950-, Din, Ravida, Kearns, Patricia, Guerin, Nancy, King, Samantha, 1970-, Brenner, Barbara A., Ehrenreich, Barbara, Brinker, Nancy, Love, Susan M., Olopade, Olufunmilayo I., National Film Board of Canada, and First-Run Features (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Closed captioned.
- Extra features: Interview with director Léa Pool -- Interview with producer Ravida Din -- Breast cancer action -- Trailer gallery.
- Pink ribbons are everywhere: T-shirts, hats, yogurt cups, KFC buckets, car ads, NFL stadiums - the list goes on and on. They make people feel good, as if engaged in a successful battle against breast cancer. But who is really benefitting? More and more women are diagnosed with breast cancer every year. Wouldn't it be something if some of the very companies that profit from their pink marketing campaigns have actually contributed to the epidemic by selling known carcinogens?
- Title from web.
Originally released in 2011.
Release date: Sep. 25, 2012.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Directors of photography, Daniel Jobin, Sylvaine Dufaux, Nathalie Moliavko-Visotzky ; edited by Oana Suteu Khintirian.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Featuring, Samantha King, Barbara Brenner, Barbara Ehrenreich, Nancy Brinker, Dr. Susan Love, Dr. Olufunmilayo Olopade.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 9362545