Newsmap. Monday, January 24, 1944 : week of January 13 to January 20 : 228th week of the war, 110th week of U.S. participation / prepared for Army Orientation Course, M.S.D. by Army Information Branch, M.S.D., A.S.F.
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Army Service Forces. Army Information Branch
- Additional Titles:
- Monday, January 24, 1944 : week of January 13 to January 20 : 228th week of the war, 110th week of U.S. participation
- [New York, N.Y.] : [War Dept., Army Information Branch], 
Washington, D.C. : Navy distribution by Educational Services Section, BuPers, Navy Dept.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 66 x 47 cm, on sheet 90 x 120 cm
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Bureau of Naval Personnel. Educational Services Section
- Report Numbers:
- W 109.107:2/40B
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale: approximately 1:2,500,000 (E 19°55ʹ--E 38°42ʹ/N 60°24ʹ--N 46°15ʹ)
- Volume II, no. 40. Designated F and B for front and back.
Map of the Eastern Front, centered on Poland, shows Allied advances during the week.
War fronts: USSR, Italy, Air war, Southwest Pacific, Burma.
Photographs: Cruiser U.S.S. Duluth shortly before being christened -- Petty Officer Alex Holgate acknowledges a voice order during gunnery exercises -- Bows-on view of a 10,000 ton Independence class carrier -- Jungle training involving .30 caliber air-cooled machine guns -- Italian refugees pass disabled American tanks -- Italian battlescape near San Vitore -- Allied Military Government officials question an Italian wheat farmer -- Quartermaster Corps sort through a mountain of shoes and clothes to determine what will be reconditioned -- Nazis from the Hermann Goering Division are led into custody by Pfc. Ira O. Creed, of Johnson City, Tenn.
On verso: Text and color illustrations describing German Army uniforms, in the categories field gray, tropical, mobile troops, and mountain.
"U.S. Government Printing Office: 1944 - 538110."
"Prepared from public sources of information."
- Geographic Coverage:
- The map shows Russia west of Moscow, the Ukraine north of Odessa, parts of Romania, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, and the southern tip of Finland.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
- Action Note:
- Housed; Encapsulation; PSU Libraries copy 000071855523
View MARC record | catkey: 9362687