De occulta philosophia [electronic resource] / J.S. Bach
- Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750
- Uniform Title:
- Sonaten und Partiten, violin, BWV 1001-1006. Selections; arranged
- San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Spain : Glossa Platinum, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Bach, Maria Barbara, 1684-1720, Thoene, Helga, Moreno, José Miguel, Mena, Carlos, Kirkby, Emma, and Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750
- Language Note:
- First work sung in German.
- Chaconne-tombeau "Christ lag in Todesbanden" : from Partita BWV 1004 (14:58) -- Sonata BWV 1001 (19:55) ; Partita, BWV 1004 (36:38).
- ["00:14:58", "00:26:28", "00:19:55"]
- Medium of Performance:
- The Chaconne performed on lute, with soprano and countertenor, to illustrate Helga Thoene's thesis that the movement is tombeau on the death of Bach's 1st wife, Maria Barbara, built on the chorale Christ lag in Todesbanden; the remaining works transcribed for baroque lute by José Miguel Moreno., Originally issued in 1998 as Glossa: GCD 920107., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- José Miguel Moreno, baroque lute ; Emma Kirkby, soprano (1st work) ; Carlos Mena, contratenor (1st work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at the Antigua Hospidería, San Lorenzo de El Escorial, May 1998, and at the Estudio Zanfonia, Barcelona, Sept. 1998.
View MARC record | catkey: 9364408