The daughters of Mars : a novel / Thomas Keneally
- Keneally, Thomas
- New York : Atria Books, 2013.
- First Atria Books hardcover edition.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 517 pages : map ; 24 cm
- In 1915, Naomi and Sally Durance, two spirited Australian sisters, join the war effort as nurses, escaping the confines of their fathers farm and carrying a guilty secret with them. Though they are used to tending the sick, nothing could have prepared them for what they confront, first on a hospital ship near Gallipoli, then on the Western Front. Yet amid the carnage, the sisters become the friends they never were at home and find themselves courageous in the face of extreme danger and also the hostility from some on their own side.
- 9781476734613 (hbk.)
- Originally published: Australia : Vintage Australia, 2012.
Color map on lining papers.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 517).
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2013
View MARC record | catkey: 9364979