Combinatorial analysis [electronic resource] : [Proceedings of the Tenth Symposium in Applied Mathematics of the American Mathematical Society. Cosponsored by the Office of Ordnance Research].
- Conference Author:
- Symposium in Applied Mathematics (10th : 1958 : Columbia University)
- Providence : American Mathematical Society, 1960.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 online resource (vi, 311 pages : diagrams))
- Additional Creators:
- American Mathematical Society and Columbia University
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access is restricted to licensed institutions
- Current studies on combinatorial designs / Marshall Hall, Jr. -- Quadratic extensions of cyclic planes / R. H. Bruck -- On homomorphisms of projective planes / D. R. Hughes -- Finite division algebras and finite planes / A. A. Albert -- The size of the $10\times 10$ orthogonal latin square problem / L. J. Paige and C. B. Tompkins -- Some combinatorial problems on partially ordered sets / R. P. Dilworth -- An enumerative technique for a class of combinatorial problems / R. J. Walker -- The cyclotomic numbers of order ten / Albert Leon Whiteman -- Some recent applications of the theory of linear inequalities to extremal combinatorial analysis / Alan J. Hoffman -- A combinatorial equivalence of matrices / A. W. Tucker -- Linear inequalities and the Pauli principle / Harold W. Kuhn -- Compound and induced matrices in combinatorial analysis / H. J. Ryser -- Permanents of doubly stochastic matrices / Marvin Marcus and Morris Newman -- A search problem in the $n$-cube / Andrew M. Gleason -- Teaching combinatorial tricks to a computer / D. H. Lehmer -- Isomorph rejection in exhaustive search techniques / J. D. Swift -- Some discrete variable computations / Olga Taussky and John Todd -- Solving linear programming problems in integers / Ralph E. Gomory -- Combinatorial processes and dynamic programming / Richard Bellman -- Solution of large scale transportation problems / Murray Gerstenhaber -- On some communication network problems / Robert Kalaba -- Directed graphs and assembly schedules / J. D. Foulkes -- A problem in binary encoding / E. N. Gilbert -- An alternative proof of a theorem of König as an algorithm for the Hitchcock distribution problem / Merrill M. Flood --
- 9780821892251 (online)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society. 2012
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access : World Wide Web
View MARC record | catkey: 9367431