1969 Number Theory Institute [electronic resource].
- Conference Author:
- Number Theory Institute (1969 : State University of New York at Stony Brook)
- Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, 1971.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 online resource (xiii, 451 pages : ports.))
- Additional Creators:
- American Mathematical Society
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access is restricted to licensed institutions
- Applications of algebraic geometry to number theory / H. P. F. Swinnerton-Dyer -- Abelian varieties over finite fields / W. C. Waterhouse and J. S. Milne -- Introduction aux travaux récents de Dwork / Nicholas M. Katz -- The integral classical groups and their automorphisms / O. T. O'Meara -- Skew-symmetric forms for number fields / Kenkichi Iwasawa -- $K_2$ of global fields / B. J. Birch -- Class formations / Yukiyosi Kawada -- Some conjectures in class field theory / J. A. Shalika -- Extensions of cyclotomic theory / Thomas Storer -- Reducibility of lacunary polynomials / A. Schinzel -- Quadratic forms over fields / A. Pfister -- A metamathematical approach to some problems in number theory / James Ax -- Hilbert's tenth problem / Julia Robinson -- Effective methods in Diophantine problems / A. Baker -- On Schanuel's conjectures and Skolem's method / James Ax -- On approximations of algebraic numbers by algebraic numbers of bounded degree / Eduard A. Wirsing -- Lectures on transcendental numbers / Kurt Mahler -- Mahler's $T$-numbers / Wolfgang M. Schmidt -- Selberg's sieve with weights / H.-E. Richert -- Sieve methods / Atle Selberg -- Density theorems for the zeta function / Enrico Bombieri -- On some recent results in the analytical theory of numbers / Paul Turán -- Characterisation of the logarithm as an additive function / Eduard Wirsing -- Some results concerning reciprocity law and real analytic automorphic functions / Tomio Kubota -- Elliptic curves over $Q$: A progress report / B. J. Birch -- Recent advances in determining all complex quadratic fields of a given class-number / H. M. Stark -- Class number, a theory of factorization, and genera / Daniel Shanks --
- 9780821893067 (online)
- On spine: Institute on Number Theory.
"Prepared by the American Mathematical Society under the National Science Foundation Grant GP-9551."
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society. 2012
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access : World Wide Web
View MARC record | catkey: 9367525