Trans-colonial urban space in Palestine : politics and development / Maha Samman
- Samman, Maha
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 314 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Routledge studies on the Arab-Israeli conflict
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Colonial urban space -- Henry Lefebvre and The Production of Space -- Variables affecting colonial urban space -- Characteristics of colonial urban space -- 2.Post-colonial and trans-colonial urban development -- Post-colonial urban development -- Post-colonial policies -- Trans-colonialism and neutralization, transformation and development -- 3.Israeli colonial urban development -- Colonialism and Israel -- Israeli perceived colonial urban space: motive, knowledge, power, violence, technology -- Israeli conceived colonial urban development: strategic planning, acquisition of land, spatial planning, military actions on space, sovereignty -- 4.Lived space under Israeli colonial rule -- The Israeli colonial settler state and the Peace Process -- Lived space under Israeli colonial rule: occupation of space, demography, economic structure, social structure, culture -- 5.Israeli decolonization -- Israeli decolonization -- Israeli colonial contraction: the case of the Sinai Peninsula -- Israeli colonial contraction: the case of the Gaza Strip -- 6.Palestinian trans-colonialism -- Palestinian Israeli debates on the future of the conflict -- The production of Palestinian trans-colonialism -- Palestinian trans-colonial urban space - neutralization, transformation and development.
- 9780415677325 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 268-287) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9367768