30 great myths about Shakespeare [electronic resource] / Laurie Maguire and Emma Smith
- Maguire, Laurie E.
- Additional Titles:
- Thirty great myths about Shakespeare
- Chichester, West Sussex ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 216 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, Emma (Emma Josephine)
- Machine generated contents note: Myth 1 Shakespeare was the most popular writer of his time -- Myth 2 Shakespeare was not well educated -- Myth 3 Shakespeare's plays should be performed in Elizabethan dress -- Myth 4 Shakespeare was not interested in having his plays printed -- Myth 5 Shakespeare never traveled -- Myth 6 Shakespeare's plays are politically incorrect -- Myth 7 Shakespeare was a Catholic -- Myth 8 Shakespeare's plays had no scenery -- Myth 9 Shakespeare's tragedies are more serious than his comedies -- Myth 10 Shakespeare hated his wife -- Myth 11 Shakespeare wrote in the rhythms of everyday speech -- Myth 12 Hamlet was named after Shakespeare's son -- Myth 13 The coarse bits of Shakespeare are for the groundlings; the philosophy is for the upper classes -- Myth 14 Shakespeare was a Stratford playwright -- Myth 15 Shakespeare was a plagiarist -- Myth 16 We don't know much about Shakespeare's life -- Myth 17 Shakespeare wrote alone -- Myth 18 Shakespeare's sonnets are autobiographical -- Myth 19 If Shakespeare were writing now, he'd be writing for Hollywood -- Myth 20 The Tempest was Shakespeare's farewell to the stage -- Myth 21 Shakespeare had a huge vocabulary -- Myth 22 Shakespeare's plays are timeless -- Myth 23 Macbeth is jinxed in the theater -- Myth 24 Shakespeare did not revise his plays -- Myth 25 Boy actors played women's roles -- Myth 26 Shakespeare's plays don't work as movies -- Myth 27 Yorick's skull was real -- Myth 28 Queen Elizabeth loved Shakespeare's plays -- Myth 29 Shakespeare's characters are like real people -- Myth 30 Shakespeare didn't write Shakespeare.
- 9781118326770 (electronic bk.)
1118326776 (electronic bk.)
9781118324868 (electronic bk.)
1118324862 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 9368152