Scleroderma [electronic resource] : From Pathogenesis to Comprehensive Management / edited by John Varga, Christopher P. Denton, Fredrick M. Wigley
- Varga, John
- Boston, MA : Springer US, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- XX, 689 pages 163 illustrations, 131 illustrations in color : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Denton, C. P. (Christopher P.), Wigley, Fredrick M., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Foreword -- Preface -- Historical Perspective.-Therapeutic evolution: a professor’s view -- Overview: Epidemiology, Genetics and Classification.-Epidemiology and Environmental Risk Factors.- Genetic Factors -- Disease Subsets in Clinical Practice.-Evolving Concepts of Diagnosis and Classification -- Disease Classification using Molecular Signatures.-Localized Scleroderma -- Juvenile Systemic Scleroderma.-Scleroderma Mimics -- Localized Forms of Scleroderma in Adults.-Overview: Integrated Pathogenesis -- Immunological Mechanisms.-Innate Immunity -- Autoantibodies in Pathogenesis -- The Clinical Aspects of Autoantibodies -- Mechanisms of Vascular Disease.-Vascular Biomarkers -- Mechanisms of Fibrosis -- Fibrosis: Insights from the stiff skin syndrome -- Biomarkers of Fibrosis -- Overview of Animal Models.-Overview: Cardiovascular Manifestations and Management.-Raynaud Phenomenon.-Nailfold Capillaroscopy -- Systemic Vascular Disease -- Scleroderma Renal Crisis -- Cardiac Involvement.-Erectile Dysfunction.-Overview: Pulmonary manifestations and management.-Clinical Assessment of Lung Disease -- Computerized Tomography of Interstitial Lung Disease.-Treatment of interstitial lung disease.-Clinical Assessment of Pulmonary Hypertension.-Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension -- Complex Challenges of Pulmonary Hypertension -- Overview: Gastrointestinal Manifestations and Management -- Upper Gastrointestinal Tract.-Small and Large Intestinal Involvement.-Evaluation and Management of Skin Disease.-Skeletal Muscle Involvement.- Tendons, Joints and Bone -- Pregnancy.-Overlooked Manifestations -- Principles of Management.-Immunomodulatory Therapies.-Cell-Based Therapies -- Investigative Approaches to Drug Therapy.-Complementary and alternate medicine approaches.-Physical and occupational therapy -- Evaluation and Management of Psychosocial Issues.-Issues in Clinical Trial Design -- Measuring Disease Activity -- Patient Reported Outcomes. .
- This essential resource presents the most up-to-date information on scleroderma. A clear and concise synthesis of current concepts in pathogenesis and modern approaches to management, this book is comprised of the authoritative work of international experts. With an integrated multidisciplinary approach to comprehensive care, this book is easily accessible for health care professionals in many fields. It is a valuable resource for rheumatologists, pulmonologists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, nephrologists and all those involved in the care of scleroderma patients.
- Other Subject(s):
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 9369564