Pervasive Mobile and Ambient Wireless Communications [electronic resource] : COST Action 2100 / edited by Roberto Verdone, Alberto Zanella
- Verdone, Roberto
- London : Springer London : Imprint: Springer, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- XXXI, 677 pages 372 illustrations, 285 illustrations in color : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Zanella, Alberto and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction -- Channel Measurements -- Radio Channel Modeling for 4G Networks -- Assessment and Modelling of Terminal Antenna Systems -- “On-the-air” (OTA) Test Methods for Multi-antenna Terminals -- RF Aspects in Ultra-wideband (UWB) Technology -- MIMO and Next Generation Systems 263 -- Cooperative and Distributed Systems -- Advanced Coding, Modulation and Signal Processing -- Next-generation Cellular Networks -- Measurement-based Optimisation -- Resource Management in 4G Networks -- Advances in Wireless ad hoc and Sensor Networks -- Hybrid Cellular and Broadcasting Networks -- Mobile-to-mobile Communications -- Body Communications -- Some Selected Topics for Future Investigation.
- Pervasive Mobile and Ambient Wireless Communications reports the findings of COST 2100, a project of the European intergovernmental COST framework addressing various topics currently emerging in mobile and wireless communications. Drawing on experience developed in this and earlier COST projects, the text represents the final outcome of collaborative work involving more than 500 researchers in 140 institutions and 30 countries (including outside Europe). The book’s subject matter includes: • transmission techniques; • signal processing; • radio channel modelling and measurement; • radio network issues; and • recent paradigms including ultra-wideband, cooperative, vehicle-to-vehicle and body communications. The research reported comes from a variety of backgrounds: academic, equipment-manufacturing and operational. The information contained in this book will bring the study reported to a wider audience from all those spheres of work. Pervasive Mobile and Ambient Wireless Communications will be of interest to researchers for its cutting-edge analysis and to practitioners for its functional usability.
- Other Subject(s):
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 9369656