Proactive Intelligence [electronic resource] : The Successful Executive's Guide to Intelligence / by John J. McGonagle, Carolyn M. Vella
- McGonagle, John J.
- London : Springer London, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 181 pages 1 illustration : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Vella, Carolyn M. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- What is Competitive Intelligence, and Why Should I Care About It? -- How Can I Get the Right Kind of Competitive Intelligence to Help Me in My Decision Making? -- Should I Try and Develop CI Myself? If So, When? -- What Do I Do with It Once I Have It? -- Useful Resources on Collecting, Analyzing and Using CI.
- Traditionally, tapping into the power of competitive intelligence (CI) meant investing in the development of an internal CI unit or hiring outside consultants who specialized in CI. Proactive Intelligence: The Successful Executive's Guide to Intelligence offers an alternative: learn how to do it yourself and how to effectively manage the parts you cannot. The tools and techniques that will enable you to produce your own CI for your consumption are out there, and have been honed by decades of work. But, you cannot just adopt them – you have to adapt them. Why? Because, when you finish reading this book, you will be the data collector, the analyst, and the end-user. Traditional CI is premised on a reactive, two part relationship – a CI professional responding to what an end-user identifies as a need; by doing this yourself you can turn CI from being reactive to being proactive. As the decision-maker, you can get what CI you need, when you need it, and then use it almost seamlessly. Written by two of the foremost experts on CI, Proactive Intelligence: The Successful Executive's Guide to Intelligence:•shows where and how CI can help you and your firm,•provides practical guidance on how to identify what CI you need, how to find the data you need, and how to analyze it, and•discusses how to apply CI to develop competitive- and career- advantages. Each chapter is supported by important references as well as by an additional list of resources to support and supplement your knowledge. Proactive Intelligence: The Successful Executive's Guide to Intelligence teaches you how to generate proactive intelligence and use it to advance your business and your career- making it an essential resource for managers and executives, as well as everyone who wishes to integrate CI into their daily work
- Other Subject(s):
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 9369707