Global Analysis of Nonlinear Dynamics [electronic resource] / edited by Jian-Qiao Sun, Albert C. J. Luo
- Sun, Jian-Qiao
- New York, NY : Springer New York, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 287 pages 128 illustrations, 50 illustrations in color : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Luo, Albert C. J. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Global Analysis of Periodic Solutions for Flexible Feedback Systems -- Cell Mapping Techniques for Tuning Dynamical Systems -- Iterative Digraph Cell Mapping Method -- Crises in Chaotic Systems -- A Two Scaled Method of Point Mapping -- Unstable Invariant Sets in Nonlinear Dynamical Systems -- Fuzzy Cell Mapping -- Stability and Response Bounds for Structures under Dynamic Loads -- Hamiltonian Chaos in Nonlinear Parametric Systems -- Multilevel Subdivision Techniques for Scalar Optimization Problems -- Stochastic Control. .
- Global Analysis of Nonlinear Dynamics collects chapters on recent developments in global analysis of non-linear dynamical systems with a particular emphasis on cell mapping methods developed by Professor C.S. Hsu of the University of California, Berkeley. This collection of contributions prepared by a diverse group of internationally recognized researchers is intended to stimulate interests in global analysis of complex and high-dimensional nonlinear dynamical systems, whose global properties are largely unexplored at this time. This book also: Presents recent developments in global analysis of non-linear dynamical systems Provides in-depth considerations and extensions of cell mapping methodsAdopts an inclusive style accessible to non-specialists and graduate students Global Analysis of Nonlinear Dynamics is an ideal reference for the community of nonlinear dynamics in different disciplines including engineering, applied mathematics, meteorology, life science, computational science, and medicine.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 9370212