Translational Cardiology [electronic resource] : Molecular Basis of Cardiac Metabolism, Cardiac Remodeling, Translational Therapies and Imaging Techniques / edited by Cam Patterson, Monte S. Willis
- Patterson, Cam
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press : Imprint: Humana Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 543 pages 67 illustrations, 52 illustrations in color : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Willis, Monte S. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Relationship Between Myocardial Ischemia/Reperfusion and Time-of-Day -- Phosphotransfer Reactions in the Failing Heart -- Mitochondria in Cardiac Disease -- PPAR/PGC-1 Regulation of Metabolism in Cardiac Disease -- AMPK and Metabolic Remodeling in Cardiac Disease -- Mechanotransduction in Cardiac Hypertrophy and Ischemia -- Cardiac Plasticity in Health and Disease -- Ubiquitylation‐Dependent Signaling in Heart Disease -- Mechanisms of Cardiac Dysfunction Associated with Cancer Therapeutics -- Molecular Basis of Cardiac Development and Congenital Heart Disease -- Cellular Therapy for the Infarcted Myocardium -- Novel Approaches to Deliver Molecular Therapeutics in Cardiac Disease Using Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors -- Novel Delivery of Molecular Therapeutics to the Heart Using Non-Biologic Constructs (PPMO/Morpholino) in Muscular Dystrophy -- Molecular Imaging of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Translational Cardiology: Molecular Basis of Cardiac Metabolism, Cardiac Remodeling, Translational Therapies and Imaging Techniques provides an up-to-date introduction to the role circadian rhythms, cardiac plasticity, and mechanotransduction play in the heart, while at the same time introducing new developments in cellular, viral, and non-biologic therapies that are in the process of being developed. Importantly, the focus of this book is on topics that, due to their novelty, are largely not covered in the other major textbooks. A special emphasis is placed on the molecular basis of cardiac metabolism, new concepts in cardiac remodeling, and translational therapies and imaging techniques currently under development for clinical use. The chapters are written by experts from diverse clinical and biomedical research backgrounds. Translational Cardiology: Molecular Basis of Cardiac Metabolism, Cardiac Remodeling, Translational Therapies and Imaging Techniques simplifies the complexity of the molecular basis of disease by focusing on patient-oriented disease mechanisms and therapies and is of great value to a broad audience including physicians (e.g. cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, pathologists) as well as translational biomedical researchers in a wide range of disciplines.
- Other Subject(s):
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 9370510