The Law of Business Organizations [electronic resource] : A Concise Overview of German Corporate Law / by Martin Schulz, Oliver Wasmeier
- Schulz, Martin
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 204 pages 11 illustrations : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Wasmeier, Oliver and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction -- Stock Corporation (Aktiengesellschaft) -- Limited Liability Company (GmbH) -- Corporate Acquisitions in Germany -- Cross-border Corporate Activities -- Supplementary Material -- Appendix.
- This book gives a concise introduction to the German law of business organizations. After outlining the corporate legal framework within Germany, the book addresses some basic issues of international and European business law, such as the law applicable to corporations engaged in cross-border activities. Special emphasis is placed on some recent developments in the European Common Market. The book then describes the various types of German business organizations with a special focus on the German Limited Liability Company (GmbH) and the German Stock Corporation (AG). Key issues such as the incorporation of various business forms, questions of designing corporate contracts, corporate governance issues and the liability of shareholders and managers are also explained. The book also provides a brief outline of some recent developments in European company law with a special focus on the new multinational corporate form of the European Company (SE).
- Other Subject(s):
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 9370729