Navier-Stokes-Fourier Equations [electronic resource] : A Rational Asymptotic Modelling Point of View / by Radyadour Kh. Zeytounian
- Zeytounian, R. Kh. (Radyadour Kh.), 1928-
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 276 pages 4 illustrations : digital
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Some Preliminary Comments -- From Euler and Navier Equations to NS-F Full Unsready Equations -- Dimensionless NS-F Equations and Parameters -- The Mathematics of the Rational Asymptotic Modelling -- A Deconstruction Approach for an Unsteady NS-F Fluid Flow at Large Reynolds Number -- Three RAM Applications in Aerodynamics -- The RAM Approach of Bénard Problem -- Two RAM Applications for Atmospheric Motions.
- This research monograph deals with a modeling theory of the system of Navier-Stokes-Fourier equations for a Newtonian fluid governing a compressible viscous and heat conducting flows. The main objective is threefold. First , to 'deconstruct' this Navier-Stokes-Fourier system in order to unify the puzzle of the various partial simplified approximate models used in Newtonian Classical Fluid Dynamics and this, first facet, have obviously a challenging approach and a very important pedagogic impact on the university education. The second facet of the main objective is to outline a rational consistent asymptotic/mathematical theory of the of fluid flows modeling on the basis of a typical Navier-Stokes-Fourier initial and boundary value problem. The third facet is devoted to an illustration of our rational asymptotic/mathematical modeling theory for various technological and geophysical stiff problems from: aerodynamics, thermal and thermocapillary convections and also meteofluid dynamics.
- Other Subject(s):
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 9370783