Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on High-Speed and Intercity Railways [electronic resource] : Volume 2 / edited by Yi-Qing Ni, Xiao-Wei Ye.
- Ni, Yi-Qing
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 512 pages 407 illustrations, 315 illustrations in color : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Ye, Xiao-Wei and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 1876-1100 ; 148
- From the content: A Survey of Science Literacy Level for Senior High School Students in Taiwan -- A position estimation method based on modified integrator of PMSM sensorless control for high-speed vehicles -- The influence of different cross-section shapes of train body on aerodynamic performance -- Investigation of aerodynamic performance of high-speed train by detached eddy simulation -- The influence of pantograph aerodynamic characteristics caused by its shroud -- Railway track allocation - simulation, aggregation, and optimization -- Experimental modal analysis of high-speed EMU carbody structure -- A new approach for acceleration of train model with compressed air.
- This book contains the papers included in the proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on High-speed and Intercity Railways (IWHIR 2011) held in Shenzhen and Hong Kong, China from July 19 to July 22, 2011, which is organized by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, in collaboration with Southwest Jiaotong University, Beijing Jiaotong University, Dalian Jiaotong University, China Engineering Consultants, Inc., Zhejiang University, and Tsinghua University. Continuing the great initiatives and momentums of the rapid development in high-speed and intercity railways worldwide in recent years, IWHIR 2011 aims at providing a platform for academic scholars and practicing engineers to share knowledge and experience, to promote collaboration, and to strengthen R&D activities related to railway engineering. Engineers, scientists, professors, and students from universities, research institutes, and related industrial companies have been cordially invited to participate in the workshop. These papers have covered a wide range of issues concerning high-speed and intercity railways in the theoretical, numerical, and experimental work pertaining to high-speed and intercity railways. Showcasing diversity and quality, these papers report the state-of-the-art and point to future directions of research and development in this exciting area.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 9371410