Approximation and Online Algorithms [electronic resource] : 9th International Workshop, WAOA 2011, Saarbrücken, Germany, September 8-9, 2011, Revised Selected Papers / edited by Roberto Solis-Oba, Giuseppe Persiano
- Solis-Oba, Roberto
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- X, 275 pages 23 illustrations : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Persiano, Giuseppe and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Lecture notes in computer science, 0302-9743 ; 7164
- This book constitutes the thoroughly refereed post-proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Approximation and Online Algorithms, WAOA 2011, held in Saarbrücken, Germany, in September 2011. The 21 papers presented were carefully reviewed and selected from 48 submissions. The volume also contains an extended abstract of the invited talk of Prof. Klaus Jansen. The Workshop on Approximation and Online Algorithms focuses on the design and analysis of algorithms for online and computationally hard problems. Both kinds of problems have a large number of applicationsin a wide variety of fields. Topics of interest for WAOA 2011 were: algorithmic game theory, approximation classes, coloring and partitioning, competitive analysis, computational finance, cuts and connectivity, geometric problems, inapproximability results, mechanism design, network design, packing and covering, paradigms for design and analysis of approximation and online algorithms, parameterized complexity, randomization techniques and scheduling problems.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 9371677