When dinos dawned, mammals got munched, and Pterosaurs took flight : a cartoon pre-history of life in the Triassic / written and illustrated by Hannah Bonner
- Bonner, Hannah
- Washington, DC : National Geographic Children's Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 44 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 27 cm.
- National Geographic kids
- Welcome to the Triassic: Surviving the big one ; The return of the forest ; The Triassic planet -- The Triassic explosion: Sun and fun on the Tethys ; Marine madness ; Lords of the land ; The Archosaurs take over ; Dinosaurs dawn ; Munch, munch, munch, plants for lunch ; A marvelous menagerie ; A sea change ; Morphing into mammals -- A changing world: Extinction sandwich -- A time line of life on earth -- Our Tetrapod family tree.
- "In the style of WHEN BUGS WERE BIG and WHEN FISH GOT FEET this book discusses all the exciting developments of the Triassic Age, from the split of Pangaea into Gondwanaland and Laurasia, to the first appearance of the dinosaurs. There were pterosaurs (flying reptiles), the first flowering plants, humongous sea creatures, early turtles, and the first coral reefs. Early mammals also appeared in the Triassic, and there were several dramatic extinction events. With the books' signature blend of humor and clearly presented information, cartoon illustrations help keep the fact-filled material extra fun"--
- 9781426308628 (hardback)
9781426308635 (lib. bdg.)
1426308639 (lib. bdg.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 44) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9373503