What to expect when no one's expecting : America's coming demographic disaster / Jonathan V. Last
- Last, Jonathan V., 1974-
- New York : Encounter Books, 2013.
- 1st American ed.
- Physical Description:
- 230 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction. One child for all! -- America's falling fertility -- The roots of one-child -- Sex! (and maybe marriage) -- What you can, and cannot, measure -- Very bad things -- The bright side -- Domestic politics, foreign policy -- Losing battles (what not to do) -- How to make babies.
- For years, we have been warned about the looming danger of overpopulation. However, since the 1970s we have been facing exactly the opposite problem: people having too few babies. Population growth has been slowing for two generations. The author explains why the population implosion happened and how it is remaking culture, the economy, and politics both at home and around the globe.
- 9781594036415 (hbk. : alk. paper)
1594036411 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -221) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9373779