Grasping in Robotics [electronic resource] / edited by Giuseppe Carbone
- Carbone, Giuseppe
- London : Springer London : Imprint: Springer, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 467 pages 330 illustrations : digital
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Historical Background of Grasping -- A Survey on Different Control Techniques for Grasping -- Path Planning for Grasping Tasks -- Wrists for Enhancing Grasping Performance -- Industrial Grippers: State-of-Art and Main Design Characteristics -- Microgrippers: State-of-Art and Main Design Solutions -- A New Way of Grasping: ParaGrip – Robot and Gripper Rolled Into One -- Robotic Hands: State-of-Art and Low-Cost Design Solutions -- Hardware Control for Robotic Hands -- Finger Orientation for Robotic Hands -- Using Vision in Grasping Tasks -- Integrated Grasp and Motion Planning for Humanoid Robots -- Grasping in Agriculture -- A Multibody Dynamics Formulation.
- Grasping in Robotics contains original contributions in the field of grasping in roboticswith a broad multidisciplinary approach. This gives the possibility of addressing all themajor issues related to robotized grasping, including milestones in grasping throughthe centuries, mechanical design issues, control issues, modelling achievements andissues, formulations and software for simulation purposes, sensors and vision integration,applications in industrial field and non-conventional applications (including servicerobotics and agriculture). The contributors to this book are experts in their own diverse and wide ranging fields.This multidisciplinary approach can help make Grasping in Robotics of interest to a verywide audience. In particular, it can be a useful reference book for researchers, studentsand users in the wide field of grasping in robotics from many different disciplinesincluding mechanical design, hardware design, control design, user interfaces, modelling,simulation, sensors and humanoid robotics. It could even be adopted as a referencetextbook in specific PhD courses.
- Other Subject(s):
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 9483969