Cerebral Vasospasm: Neurovascular Events After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage [electronic resource] / edited by Mario Zuccarello, Joseph F. Clark, Gail Pyne-Geithman, Norberto Andaluz, Jed A. Hartings, Opeolu M. Adeoye
- Zuccarello, Mario
- Vienna : Springer Vienna : Imprint: Springer, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 335 pages 75 illustrations, 49 illustrations in color : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Clark, Joseph F. (Joseph Floyd), Pyne-Geithman, Gail, Andaluz, Norberto, Hartings, Jed A., Adeoye, Opeolu M., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Acta Neurochirurgica. Supplement, 0065-1419 ; 115
- Machine generated contents note: Frank H. Mayfield, MD, FACS, FAANS (1909--1991): 75th Anniversary Tribute / John M. Tew Jr. -- Clinical Trials and Dilemmas Methodology -- History and Definition of Delayed Cerebral Ischemia / R. Loch Macdonald -- Clinical, Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound, Radiological Features and Prognostic Significance of Delayed Cerebral Ischemia / Wai Sang Poon -- Identifying Patient Report Outcomes Relevant to Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Follow-Up / Audrey Quinn -- Global Cerebral Atrophy After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: A Possible Marker of Acute Brain Injury and Assessment of Its Impact on Outcome / R. Loch Macdonald -- Protein Biomarkers in Patients with Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Vasospasm, and Delayed Ischemic Neurological Deficits / Anthony F. Suffredini -- Approaches -- Randomised Trial of Clazosentan, an Endothelin Receptor Antagonist, in Patients with Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Undergoing Surgical Clipping (CONSCIOUS-2) / Neal Kassell -- Angiographic Vasospasm Versus Cerebral Infarction as Outcome Measures After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / R. Loch Macdonald -- Development of Nicardipine Prolonged-Release Implants After Clipping for Preventing Cerebral Vasospasm: From Laboratory to Clinical Trial / Hidetoshi Kasuya -- Magnesium Sulphate for Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: Why, How, and Current Controversy / Wai Sang Poon -- Prolonged Intravenous Infusion of Sodium Nitrite Delivers Nitric Oxide (NO) in Humans / Ryszard M. Pluta -- Proposed Mechanism of Cerebral Vasospasm: Our Hypothesis and Current Topics / Yuichiro Kikkawa -- Neurocritical Care Monitoring -- Monitoring of Cerebral Hemodynamics and Oxygenation to Detect Delayed Ischemic Neurological Deficit After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Emanuela Keller -- Usefulness of Three-Dimensional Computed Tomography to Quantify the Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Volume: Prediction of Symptomatic Vasospasm / Kiyoshi Saito -- COSBID-M3: A Platform for Multimodal Monitoring, Data Collection, and Research in Neurocritical Care / Jed A. Hartings -- Management -- Transcranial Doppler as a Routine in the Treatment of Vasospasm Following Subarachanoid Hemorrhage (SAH) / Bernardo L. Paiva -- Systemic Interleukin-6 Levels Reflect Illness Course and Prognosis of Patients with Spontaneous Nonaneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Emanuela Keller -- Beneficial Effect of Selective Intra-arterial Infusion of Fasudil Hydrochloride as a Treatment of Symptomatic Vasospasm Following SAH / Han Soo Chang -- Cerebral Hemodynamic Changes After Wartime Traumatic Brain Injury / Rocco A. Armonda -- Surgical and Endovascular Management Removal of Clots in Subarachnoid Space Could Reduce the Vasospasm After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Renata F. Simm -- Effect of Lumbar Puncture in Patients with Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Treated Microsurgically or Endovascularly / Talat Kiris -- Effect of Aneurysm Treatment Modalities on Cerebral Vasospasm After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Waro Taki -- Endovascular Management of Posthemorrhagic Cerebral Vasospasm: Indications, Technical Nuances, and Results / Todd A. Abruzzo -- The Concept of a Hybrid Operating Room: Applications in Cerebrovascular Surgery / Luca Remonda -- Computerized Occlusion Rating of Embolized Ruptured Intracranial Aneurysms: Relation to Intra- and Postinterventional Aneurysm Rehemorrhage / Camillo Sherif -- Spreading Depolarizations -- Spreading Ischemia After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Peter Vajkoczy -- Full-Band Electrocorticography of Spreading Depolarizations in Patients with Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Mario Zuccarello -- Cerebral Glucose and Spreading Depolarization in Patients with Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Oliver Sakowitz -- Evaluation of Intracranial Electrocorticography Recording Strips and Tissue Partial Pressure of Oxygen and Temperature Probes for Radio-Frequency-Induced Heating / G. Bohner -- Criteria for the Diagnosis of Noninfectious and Infectious Complications After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in DISCHARGE-1 / Johannes Woitzik -- Neurovascular Coupling During Spreading Depolarizations / Cenk Ayata -- Neurovascular Coupling And Microvasculature -- Subarachnoid Blood Converts Neurally Evoked Vasodilation to Vasoconstriction in Rat Brain Cortex / George C. Wellman -- Impact of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage on Parenchymal Arteriolar Function / Masayo Koide -- SAH-Induced Suppression of Voltage-Gated K+ (Kv) Channel Currents in Parenchymal Arteriolar Myocytes Involves Activation of the HB-EGF/EGFR Pathway / George C. Wellman -- Mechanisms of Microthrombosis and Microcirculatory Constriction After Experimental Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / R. Loch Macdonald -- Cerebral Hemodynamic and Metabolic Effects of Remote Ischemic Preconditioning in Patients with Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Shadnaz Asgari -- Cerebral Microvasculature Is an Early Target of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Victor Friedrich -- Preclinical Studies: Other -- The Roles of Early Brain Injury in Cerebral Vasospasm Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: From Clinical and Scientific Aspects / Shigeru Nishizawa -- Matricellular Protein: A New Player in Cerebral Vasospasm Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Waro Taki -- Role of Platelet-Derived Growth Factor in Cerebral Vasospasm After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Rats / Waro Taki -- Relevance of Animal Models of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage for Examining Neurobehavioral Changes / Jerald D. Kralik -- Inflammation in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and Delayed Deterioration Associated with Vasospasm: A Review / J. Javier Provencio -- Attenuation of Cerebral Vasospasm Following Experimental Subarachnoid Hemorrhage by the Bronchodilator KMUP-3 / Aij-Lie Kwan -- Pharmacologic Reduction of Angiographic Vasospasm in Experimental Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: Systematic Review / R. Loch Macdonald -- Low-Dose Lipopolysaccharide Injection Prior to Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Modulates Delayed Deterioration Associated with Vasospasm in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / J. Javier Provencio -- Statin-Induced T-Lymphocyte Modulation and Neuroprotection Following Experimental Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / John H. Zhang -- Role of Bilirubin Oxidation Products in the Pathophysiology of DIND Following SAH / Joseph F. Clark -- Risk Factors -- Association of Morphologic and Demographic Features of Intracranial Aneurysms with Their Rupture: A Retrospective Analysis / Jack Jallo -- Location, Interaction, and Anticipation of Aneurysm Formation / Daniel Woo -- Symptomatic Vasospasm in Elderly Patients with Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: Comparison with Nonelderly Patients / Michiharu Nishijima.
- The book contains 48 articles presented at the 11th International Conference on Cerebral Vasospasm held in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, in July 2011. This collection of papers represents a cross-section of the enormous progress that has been made towards a thorough understanding and effective treatment of neurovascular events following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage, including cerebral vasospasm. It is of interest to clinicians who wish to apply state-of-the-art knowledge to their management of this devastating condition and to basic scientists wishing to expand their understanding of cerebrovascular and neural pathophysiology related to subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 9485534