Jim Thorpe-- all-American [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures Inc. ; produced by Everett Freeman ; directed by Michael Curtiz
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 1992.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (107 min.) : sound, black and white ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lancaster, Burt, 1913-1994
Curtiz, Michael, 1888-1962
Bickford, Charles, 1891-1967
Lucas, John A. (John Apostal), 1927-2012
Warner Bros. Pictures (1923-1967)
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Hollywood bio of the late, great Native American athlete. Oklahoma Indian Jim Thorpe played professional baseball and football, and won Olympic gold medals.
- Videocassette release of the 1951 motion picture.
PSU Archives Lucas Collection copy has handwritten note: "During 1500m run at Stockholm 1912 O[lympic] G[ames], Thorpe bursts ahead of the "other" runners in the race. One of them is John Lucas." In the Fall of 1951 Lucas was paid $100 a day for for playing bit parts in Hollywood studios.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Screenplay by Douglas Morrow and Everett Freeman ; director of photography, Ernest Haller ; film editor, Folmar Blangsted ; music by Max Steiner ; technical adviser, Jim Thorpe.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Burt Lancaster, Charles Bickford, Steve Cochran, Phyllis Thaxter.
- Technical Details:
- VHS format; hi-fi.
View MARC record | catkey: 9486912