Odd couples : friendships at the intersection of gender and sexual orientation / Anna Muraco
- Muraco, Anna, 1969-
- Durham : Duke University Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 194 pages ; 25 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- You've got to have friends : Vignette: Frank and Rebecca -- Snapshots of the intersectional friendship : Vignette: Ming and Ben -- We are family : Vignette: Brenda and Dan -- Gender cops and robbers : Vignette: Mark and Cristina -- What's sex got to do with it? : Vignette: Justine and Antonio -- The person is political : Vignette: Leyla and Ethan -- The future of intersectional friendships -- Appendixes : 1. Profiles of interview respondents by DYAD ; 2. Research methodology ; 3. Interview schedule.
- "Examines friendships between gay men and straight women, and also between lesbians and straight men, and shows how these 'intersectional' friendships serve as a barometer for shifting social norms, particularly regarding gender and sexual orientation."--P. of cover.
- 9780822351771 (cloth : alk. paper)
0822351773 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780822351924 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0822351927 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -185) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9486939