Charlton Heston reads from the life and passion Jesus according to the Gospels [electronic resource].
- Heston, Charlton
- Additional Titles:
- Life and passion Jesus according to the Gospels and Charlton Heston reads The new testament
- New York : Vanguard Classics : Artemis Classics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Hayes, Roland, 1887-1977, Boardman, Reginald, and Robert de Cormier Chorale
- CD I. Charlton Heston reads from the Gospels with the Robert DeCormier Chorale. CD II. Roland Hayes : Favorite spirituals ("Aframerican folk song") : The life of Christ : Prepare me one body ; Three wise men to Jerusalem came ; Lit'l boy ; Live a-humble ; He raised poor Lazarus ; You hear the lambs a-cryin' ; Plenty good room ; One of you shall betray me ; Who betrayed my lord? ; They led my lord away ; He never said a mumberlin' word ; Did you hear when Jesus rose? ; Were you there? -- My songs : I'll make me a man ; Let my people go! ; Deep river ; Lil'l David, play on your harp ; Dry bones ; Give-a way Jordan ; Two wings ; A witness ; Heard of a city called heaven ; You must come in by and through the lamb ; Steal away ; Going up to heaven ; You're tired, child ; Lord, is this heaven? ; Didn't my lord deliver Daniel ; I'm troubled ; Heaven.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Charlton Heston ; Robert DeCormier Chorale ; Roland Hayes ; Reginald Boardman, piano.
- Data/Place of Event:
- CD 1 recorded 1960, Manhattan Towers, NYC, originally released as VSD 2080/81 ; CD 2 recorded 1955 and 1956, Masonic Temple, Brooklyn, NY, originally released as VRS 462 and VRS 494.
View MARC record | catkey: 9490673