Route 66 still kicks : driving America's main street / Rick Antonson ; foreword by Peter Greenberg
- Antonson, Rick, 1949-
- New York : Skyhorse Pub., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 359 pages : illustrations, maps, music ; 23 cm
- Introduction: The most famous highway in the world -- The road of dreams -- America's longest monument -- The way West -- The National Old Trails Road -- The Will Rogers Highway -- The Mother Road -- The Dust Bowl Highway -- The Great Diagonal Highway -- The long concrete path -- The road of flight -- The backbone of America -- America's Main Street -- Epilogue: A 2,400-mile declaration of independence -- Afterword.
- The original U.S. Route 66 was 2,448 miles long, and 90 percent of it can still be driven today. Antonson set out to follow that original route, tracing its rich history and discovering the vitality and American character sill beating through our heartland.
- 9781620873007 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1620873001 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -337) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9490958