Declarations of the Perfected. Part One, Setting scripts and images into motion / Thomas E. Smith
- Tao, Hongjing, 456-536
- Uniform Title:
- Zhen gao. Selections. English
- Additional Titles:
- Setting scripts and images into motion
- St. Petersburg, Florida : Three Pines Press, 2013.
- First three Pines Press ed.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 347 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, Thomas E., 1959-
- Machine generated contents note: Fascicle One -- Prelude: Yang Quan's Courtship and Marriage with an Immortal -- A List of Perfected Persons at a Gathering (undated) -- July 25 and 26, 365: Mao Gu on Perseverance, Zhou Yishan on Self-control -- July 27, 365: Part of The Scripture on Treasuring the Spirits Revealed, One Day After the Lady of Purple Tenuity Is Introduced -- July 28, 365: How the Perfected Convey Their Teachings to the World -- July 29 and 30, 365: Yang Xi's Betrothal and Marriage with the Perfected -- Fascicle Two -- July 29 and 30, 365: Yang Xi's Betrothal and Marriage with the Perfected (continued) -- July 30, 365: Excerpts from an Alternate Version for Xu Mi (plus an undated poem) -- July 31, 365: Brief Comments on Inner Observation -- August 2, 3, and 4, 365: Scriptures Revealed, and Yang Xi's Destiny Foretold -- August 7 and 6, 365: Mao Ying and Lady Right Blossom's First Appearances -- August 7 and 9, 365: Mao Ying's Comments on Retreating from the World -- August 18, 365: Practical Advice and Predictions for the Xus -- Xu Mi Begs for Leniency in Testing, and Mao Ying is Unimpressed (undated) -- August 19, 365: Persistence and Impatience -- August 21, 365: Lady Right Blossom's First Love Song for Xu Mi -- August 29, 365: Forgetting the World, Leaving Tracks on High, and Being Discreet -- August 31, 365: Spiritual Union, Not Sexual Intercourse -- September 8, 365: Linked Pears and Fiery Jujubes -- September 17, 365: Encouragement to Take the Wondrous Medicines -- September 18 and 19, 365: Guarding the Male and Female Ones, Slowing One's Pace -- Xu Mi's Elegant Yet Weaseling Response to Right Blossom (undated) -- Fascicle Three -- September 23, 365: Yang Xi's Mother-in-law Gives Him a Piece of Her Mind -- Background on Wangzi Qiao's Family (undated) -- The Perfected Hold a Poetic Debate on Dependency and Non-dependency (undated) -- October 4, 365: Lady Right Blossom Tempts Xu Mi with the Allure of Upward Travel -- Lady Right Blossom Expresses Longing for a Youthful Mate (undated) -- Revelries of the Daughters of the Queen Mother of the West, Reverting to Infancy Through Spiritual Union (undated) -- October 7, 365: Restoring Youth, Finding a Mate in the Clouds -- October 10, 365: Fixing the Gaze on Enduring Things, Planting Oneself in Proper Soil -- October 18, 365: Absence from Perfected Revelries Due to Retention of Mundane Form -- October 26, 365: Superior Pleasures Under Celestial Light (plus an undated couplet) -- December 31, 365: Sowing Seeds of Blessing (with Xu Mi's undated response) -- November 14, 365: Vacillation in the Heart, Rotation on the Wheel of Life and Death -- November 16 and 17, 365: Not Hearing Right Blossom's Calls, Xu Mi May Miss His Opportunity -- November 19, 365: Abandoning Earthly Allegiances for the Freedoms of Perfection -- December 18, 365: Xu Mi Writes on Vigilance in Small Matters -- Xu Mi Expresses Appreciation for the Poetry of the Perfected (undated) -- December 29, 365: Ascent into Purity, Escape from a Stinking World -- From Prayer to Ascent (undated) -- January 11, 366: From Chanting to Stillness -- January 13, 366: Lady Right Blossom Reveals Xu Mi's Previous Life -- January 14, 366: Immortality Surpasses Transience, Perfection Surpasses Immortality -- Two Fantastic Glosses to The Hidden Script of the Divine Tiger (undated) -- Xu Mi Responds to the Revelation of His Previous Life (probably mid- to late January, 366) -- Fascicle Four -- December 28, 365 to January, 366: Smoothing Over a Conflict Between Worldly and Religious Life -- December 29, 365 and February 10, 366: The Perfected Relent and Let Xu Mi Go to the Capital -- March 6, 366: Lady Right Blossom Wants to Start a Family, Perfected Style -- March 13, 366: Perfected Freedoms Versus Worldly Bounds (plus an undated poem) -- Purple Tenuity Shames the Father by Praising the Son (undated) -- March 27, 366: Persistence Cannot Be Balanced with Laxness -- Purple Tenuity Goes East and Meets the Lord of Fusang, Right Blossom Goes West and Meets No One (undated) -- Purple Tenuity and Right Blossom Sing of Ascent at Dawn (undated) -- Purple Tenuity Sings of Consummating a Union with Xu Hui (undated) -- May 9, 366: Xu Mi Urged to Leave the World Immediately -- May 18, 366: Thriving in Winter, Viewing the Universe with Eyes Closed -- May 22, 366: Using the Eight Purities as Vehicles for Joining One's Kind -- May 28, 366: Lady Right Blossom Envisions a Spiritual Union with Xu Mi -- Lady Right Blossom Offers Xu Mi Her Medicinal Herbs (undated) -- Ascent on a Trackless Road, Making One's Home on the Way (undated) -- August 15, 366: A Song Pair Hinting at Other Possible Intimacies -- June 25, 367: Xu Mi's Missing Brother Shown to Know the Family's Fate -- January 2, 368: The Xus' Outstanding Allotment -- The Xus' Future Escape (undated) -- Examination of the Corpse (undated) -- Excerpts from an Appendix to the Scripture of the Nine Perfected (undated) -- Excerpt from an Appendix to the Sword Scripture (undated).
- 9781931483810 (alk. paper)
1931483817 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Floyd B. and Naomi A. Fischer Libraries Endowment; 2012
- Endowment Note:
- Floyd B. and Naomi A. Fischer Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 9491241