Ghetto revolts / edited by Peter H. Rossi
- Rossi, Peter H. (Peter Henry), 1921-2006
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Transaction Books; distributed by E. P. Dutton [New York, 1973].
- 2d ed.
- Physical Description:
- 321 p. ; 21 cm.
- Transaction/Society book series, TA/S-16
- Rossi, P. H. Introduction -- Williams, W. Cleveland's crisis ghetto -- Boesel, D. and others. White institutions and Black rage -- Conforti, J. N. Newark: ghetto or city?--Schuman, H. Free will and determinism in public beliefs about race -- Parmenter, T. Breakdown of law and order -- Rainwater, L. Open letter on white justice and the riots -- Dynes, R. and Quarantelli, E. Looting in American cities -- Knopf, T. A. Sniping: a new pattern of violence -- Lipsky, M. and Olson, D. Riot commission politics -- Rosenthal, M. Where rumor raged -- Blauner, R. S. Whitewash over Watts -- Greer, E. The liberation of Gary, Indiana -- Barbaro, F. Newark: political brokers.
- Related Titles:
- "The essays ... originally appeared in Transaction/Society magazine."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 957792