Packed column SFC [electronic resource] / T. A. Berger
- Berger, T. A.
- Cambridge : Royal Society of Chemistry, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 251 pages) : illustrations
- Putting packed column supercritical fluid chromatography into perspective -- Practical aspects of SFC hardware -- Physical chemistry of mobile phases used in packed column SFC -- Physical chemistry of the stationary phase -- Effect of instrumental parameters on retention, selectivity and efficiency -- Concepts that simplify phase selection -- Systematic method development -- Pharmaceutical analysis by packed column SFC -- Chiral analysis of drugs -- Separation of agricultural chemicals by packed column SFC -- SFC and the petroleum industry -- Miscellaneous applications of packed column SFC.
- This product is not available separately, it is only sold as part of a set. There are 750 products in the set and these are all sold as one entity. Packed Column SFC is the third title to be published in this series and has been produced as a result of the dramatic re-emergence, in the last three years, of packed column instrumentation. This has led to a redefinition of the technique and an urgent need for a practical guide that deals with its subtleties. This book fulfils that need and deals exclusively with packed column SFC. It places the emphasis on understanding the underlying chemistry in order to perform rapid, systematic optimizations and provides many practical tips to help the new user avoid problems unique to SFC. It also proposes a detailed scheme for method development and provides lists of prioritized guidelines. The book clears up some of the confusion that surrounds the analytical use of supercritical fluids and assists the user in understanding the power and utility of this technique. Detailed chapters cover the most promising new application areas for packed column SFC, which are often overlooked in the mainstream chromatography literature. Like the other books in this popular series, Packed Column SFC will prove an invaluable guide and is essential reading for graduates, postgraduates and researchers with interests in pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemistry, small polar drug molecules, chiral analysis, environmental chemistry, and chromatography/instrumentation.
- 9781847551603 (electronic bk.)
1847551602 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9608751