Plasma source mass spectrometry [electronic resource] : current trends and future developments / edited by Grenville Holland, Dmitry Bandura
- Conference Author:
- International Conference on Plasma Source Mass Spectrometry (9th : 2004 : University of Durham)
- Cambridge : Royal Society of Chemistry, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 356 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Holland, Grenville
- Special publication ; no. 301
- Bio-analytical applications : metalloprotein crosstalk : quantifying zinc exchange between stable isotopically labeled proteins using directly coupled HPLC - ICP - MS -- Speciation of selenium compounds by capillary electrophoresis - ICP - MS : evaluation of ICP - SF - MS / ICP - DRC - MS detection of different quantification methods -- Application of ICPMS and chromatography based ICPMS to studies of metal speciation and metal-protein binding in bioanalysis -- Determination of total mercury in urine by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP - MS) -- Labile arsenic compounds in biological matrices, or possible problems finding the metal species present in cells -- Speciation analysis with GC - ICP - MS : organometal detection in tobacco smoke -- Reaction cells and high resolution : determination of 44Ca-isotope markers for parasitod studies using dynamic reaction cell ICPMS -- Application of ICP - MS with a hexapole collision and reaction cell as an element selective phosphorus detector for quality control of pharmaceuticals -- Advantages of dynamic reaction cell ICP - MS for geological analyses -- Characterization and production ratio of polyatomic ion interferences in ICP - MS using a high resolution mass spectrometer -- Measurement of actinides at ultra-trace level by double-focusing sector-field ICP - MS : instrumental performances and analytical difficulties -- Trends in instrumentation : biomolecular and atomicmass spectrometry : good friends or uncaring strangers? -- Love triangle : trapping fields, ion energy and ion molecule reactions -- Investigation of vaporization of laser ablation generated aerosol and monodisperse particles in a dry AP ICP using time resolved mass spectrometry -- Environmental applications : signal smoothing device for improving analytical precision in LA - ICP - MS and its applications -- Metrology on chemistry : ICP-analyis in environmental science -- ICP - MS as analytical tool on spent nuclear fuel analogues studies -- Preliminary work for the LA - ICP - MS analysis of carnelian archaeoligical artefacts -- Selenium speciation in amphibian larvae developing in a coal fly ash settling basin -- Speciation of cancerstatic platinum compounds in a waste water pilot plant -- Multi-collectors: accurate determination of Pt concentrations at ultra-low levels (<20pg) in clinical DNA samples with high HF/Pt rations using the Thermo Finnigan Neptune Plasma Ionisation Multi-Collector Mass Spectrometer (PIMMS) -- Novel applications of MC - ICPMS for isotope dilution -- Solution and laser ablation analysis of sulphur isotopes with the Neptune high resolution multi-collector ICP - MS (MS - ICP - MS) : application to diffucive gradients in thin-films -- Accuracy and precision in plasma ionisation multi-collector mass spectrometry : constraints from neodymium and hafnium isotope measurements -- Semiconductors : application of ICP - MS technology to semiconductor manufacturing.
- This product is not available separately, it is only sold as part of a set. There are 750 products in the set and these are all sold as one entity. Atomic spectrometry has exciting new bio-analytical horizons open to it, principally through the developments in the capabilities of ICP-MS coupled with the inventiveness of experimentalists. This is reflected in the use of the technique for ion-, capillary electrophoresis-, liquid- and gas-chromatographic separation in biological applications, as reported in this book. Traditional (environmental, semiconductor, geological and clinical) applications are also well represented. In addition, recent and future developments in sample introduction devices, multicollector sector, reaction cells and collision cells instruments, as well as co-existence, divergence and potential convergence of atomic and biomolecular mass spectrometries are discussed. Reflecting the current state of practical ICP-MS and drawing together the latest developments in the field, Plasma Source Mass Spectrometry: Current Trends and Future Developments is ideal for university researchers and laboratory practitioners. It will be of interest to all those involved in the development and application of this technique.
- 9781847552419 (electronic bk.)
1847552412 (electronic bk.)
- The conference of the 9th International Conference on Plasma Source Mass Spectrometry held at the University of Durham on 13-17 September 2004--T.p. verso.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 9608756