Risk assessment [electronic resource] : the human dimension / Nick W. Hurst
- Hurst, Nick W.
- Cambridge : Royal Society of Chemistry, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxi, 101 pages) : illustrations
- Different perspectives on accident causation : some accident case studies -- Models of accident causation and theoretical approaches -- The assessment of risk-quantification -- Risk and decision making -- Discussion and conclusions : where does all this leave risk assessment?.
- This product is not available separately, it is only sold as part of a set. There are 750 products in the set and these are all sold as one entity. Risk Assessment: The Human Dimension begins by looking at quantified risk assessment and considers, by using case studies, how accident causation can be considered from the three main perspectives of hardware failures, human error and failures of systems and cultures. The book then goes on to place risk assessment firmly within the broader context of the current, controversial debate concerning risk issues and the nature of risk. It addresses these issues mainly from the perspective of the chemical and process industries by looking at the process of risk assessment, its strengths and weaknesses and attempts to reconcile the human dimensions of risk assessment with the need for science and objectivity in risk-based decision making. Designed to be accessible to a wide range of disciplines, and enjoyable to the reader, Risk Assessment: The Human Dimension is broadly based and rooted in the author's practical experience of both risk assessment and organizations and how they function. With diagrams, summary and discussion sections in each chapter, this book will prove invaluable for the insights given in this increasingly important area.
- 9781847551856 and 1847551858
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9608768