Chemistry and light [electronic resource] / Paul Suppan
- Suppan, Paul
- Cambridge : Royal Society of Chemistry, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 295 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Royal Society of Chemistry (Great Britain)
- Light and matter -- The energy of light : excited molecules -- The chemistry of excited molecules -- Light and life -- Light in industry -- Experimental techniques -- The frontiers of photochemistry.
- This text provides a concise introduction to all aspects of light-induced processes in chemistry, physics and biology, as well as in medicine and industry. It is up to date with the latest advances in the field, in particular the probing of the fastest light-induced reactions on picosecond and femtosecond time scales, and is based on the photochemistry and photophysics degree course devised by the author. Chemistry and Light is a must for final year undergraduates, as well as for post-graduate students. It will prove extremely useful for teachers in the preparation of courses and seminars and will provide essential background information for industrial chemists, in one complete source. The book reflects the enthusiasm the author has for his subject, as well as his talent for clear description. Chemistry and Light will be welcomed by students and research workers alike.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 289-291) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9608820